Welcome to Barbara's "art" blog. I create artworks that range from small to large, from somewhat eerie to very joyous. Most of my works come straight from my imagination; I use my experiences and filter them through my brain. Soometimes I try to sit back and watch my hands create, and enjoy the process almost as a spectator. Eventually, though, my more technical side comes out to correct the spontaneous one, and the two compromise.

See links (on the right)to my hand-painted jewelry and pet portraits.

Note: any artwork on this blog is copyright of Barbara Yalof


Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Almost 2008 I just could not let this year go without setting up a blog for myself. I've had a great deal of admiration for my friends who have actually figured out how to do this, for one thing, and for another, have found the time to do it! I began to get inspired when my daughter applied for an internship to write---someone's blog! Yes, she was writing on someone's blog at the age of 20 and her writing and musings were there for all to read! And since she wrote about me quite a few times... I figure I owe her. So here I am.
Labels: blogs.daughter, inspired
draft
4:36:00 PM
by Barbara Yalof
Delete
1 – 1 of 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Barbara,
Enjoy very much looking around on your site. The opportunities that BLOGS can provide are phenomenal..it is building community that excites me most. Thanks for comment on one of my blogs. My intentions are creating more "artful blogs" and posts to match. Getting my head out of the technical aspects long enough to get the creative juices flowing...is my challenge. How about you?
" Nobody knows what I am trying to do but I do and I know when I succeed." Gertrude Stein

Barbara said...

Joan, when I try to find your site with "Joansarttalk" link, it sends me to a link that is a chat room. Where's your site?